Chocolate Chip Tahini Cookies
The most delicious cookies filled with better-for-you ingredients than regular american style chocolate chip cookies, all without compromising on taste! Even the fussiest eaters love and request these again and again. They are filled with good fats and protein from the almonds and tahini, and sweetened with pure maple syrup and some dark chocolate. When sweet cravings hit (because let's face it, it happens to the best of us!) you won't regret having these on hand!
Servings 12 cookies
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 90 g dark chocolate bar chopped into small chunks
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- sea salt flakes for topping
- In a medium bowl (or a stand mixer), mix together the almond flour, tahini, maple syrup and chocolate pieces. The dough should be thick. If it's not, add a little more almond flour.
- Mix to ensure everything is coated well and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up. This is essential, do not miss this step!
- Remove the dough from the fridge and preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Add the egg and bicarbonate of soda to the dough. Mix together until fully incorporated.
- Wet your hands and roll dough into balls just a bit larger than a golf ball. You should get about 10-12 cookies.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes. The cookies will still be quite soft. Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle with sea salt flakes.
- Let the cookies sit before eating for about 15 minutes.